We Cover Ayrshire
Accredited Legionella Risk Assessments in Ayrshire
Guardian Hygiene Services offer professional Legionella risk assessments in Ayrshire for a range of commercial and residential properties. You are legally obliged to ensure you assess and manage risks associated with Legionella bacteria under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
Ensure legal compliance and peace of mind by employing our trusted services as members of the Legionella Control Association. Our technicians are all accredited by CHAS, Constructionline and SafeContractor, and the BSI.
Contact us or fill in a form to book your comprehensive Legionella risk assessment in Ayrshire.
Get in touch
Legal Requirements Surrounding Legionella in Scotland
Businesses and landlords must assess and manage the risks associated with exposure to Legionella bacteria. This applies if you are an employer, a building manager, or in any way involved in the health and safety of premises.
Your responsibilities include:
- Identifying and assessing sources of risk
- Managing any risks
- Preventing or controlling any risks
- Keeping the correct records
What Are the Risks Associated With Legionella?
When Legionella bacteria is allowed to grow and spread in hot and cold water systems, it poses a risk to the health and safety of occupants. The bacteria is released in tiny water droplets called aerosols; when these are breathed in, serious lung infections can follow. The most serious is Legionnaires’ disease, a form of pneumonia that can result in death.
Particularly at-risk groups include:
- Suffers of diabetes, lung and heart disease
- Anyone over the age of 45
- Heavy drinkers and smokers
- Anyone with an impaired immune system or with an existing chronic disease
How Do I Know If I Need a Legionella Risk Assessment?
Legionella bacteria can form in any hot and cold water system. The most common include:
- Spa pools
- Swimming pools
- Hot and cold water taps
- Dental apparatus
- Air conditioners
- Washing facilities
- Vehicle cleaning machines
- Food manufacturing sites
The conditions that allow Legionella to become a danger can be found in nearly every water system:
- Warm temperatures between 20°C and 45°C, with temperatures between 35°C and 45°C being optimal
- Sediment, scale, and other bacteria for Legionella to feed on
- Periods of stagnancy, as is often the case in water tanks
It is therefore vital that you ensure Legionella risk assessment is carried out on your site so you know what control measures, if any, you need to take for proper prevention.
How We Carry Out Legionella Risk Assessments
With technicians stationed up and down Scotland, we will be able to get to your Ayrshire property quickly to carry out a comprehensive Legionella risk assessment. Trained technicians will complete a range of physical and administrative checks that cover everything you need:
- A full tour and inspection of your water systems
- Identification of water systems with the potential for aerosol release
- Water temperature checks with UKAS-approved calibrated thermometers
- Water sample taking for Legionella testing in a UKAS laboratory
- A review your current and previous Legionella assessment records if applicable
- An overview of your current Legionella management practices
What Property Types and Business Can We Cover in Ayrshire?
- Care Homes
- Dental Practices
- Health Clubs
- Sports Centres
- Local Authority
- National Trust
- Leisure Clubs
Book Your Legionella Risk Assessment in Ayrshire Today
Secure the safety of your water systems and avoid legal action with our accredited services. We will come to your property at a time convenient to you to carry out a comprehensive assessment that gives you peace of mind.
To book your Legionella risk assessment in Ayrshire, just get in touch with our team or fill out a simple enquiry form.