We Cover Norwich
Comprehensive Legionella Risk Assessments in Norwich
We are trusted providers of Legionella risk assessments in Norwich, covering industrial, commercial, and domestic properties. Our trained technicians, accredited by CHAS, Constructionline and SafeContractor, and the BSI, can get to your premises fast to carry out a comprehensive assessment.
Under the HSE’s Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, you are legally required to ensure your water systems are protected from Legionella bacteria. This applies to landlords, employers, property managers, and anyone in charge of the health and safety of premises.
Take action to protect your water systems before Legionella gets a chance to take hold. Contact us or fill out a form to book your Legionella risk assessment as soon as possible.
Get in touch
The Dangers of Legionella: Why Your Property Needs a Risk Assessment
Legionella is a waterborne bacteria that can cause severe respiratory illnesses when breathed in by humans. The most severe illness is Legionnaires’ disease, a potentially fatal form of pneumonia.
Those particularly at-risk are:
- Anyone over the age of 45
- Those with existing medical conditions
- Anyone with an impaired immune system
- Heavy smokers and drinkers
If you do not take the necessary precautions against Legionella proliferation in your water systems, it’s not just the health and safety of all occupants of and visitors to your site that you risk. If an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease can be traced back to your water systems and there is no evidence that you assessed and controlled the risks, you face legal action and the closure of your business or properties.
What to Expect From Our Legionella Risk Assessments
To avoid legal action and prevent illness – and even death – you need a Legionella risk assessment. At Guardian Hygiene Services, we have helped countless companies become Legionella-compliant with our expert services.
Get in touch or fill out a form to book your assessment and we will send trained technicians to your site at your convenience. These technicians will carry out a series of administrative and physical checks that comprise a comprehensive risk assessment that leaves nothing out:
- A thorough review of your current records and paperwork from previous assessments if applicable
- A consultation with everyone involved in the health and safety of your premises
- A verification of current management procedures and relevant paperwork
- Risk level assessment of people in the building, focussing on age and health
- A full tour and inspection of your site’s hot and cold water systems
- Water temperature checks
- Water samples for Legionella testing
- An inspection of any points with the potential for aerosol release
What Happens Next?
We will send you a full report of our findings, including detailed explanations that are bespoke to your systems. Our management regulatory compliance system for monthly water checks can collect, analyse, store, and communicate Health, Safety and Environmental compliance records on demand so you are legally covered.
Our report includes no-obligation quotes for any recommended remedial actions. You can take advantage of our set of Legionella services to go the extra mile in securing the safety of your premises:
Why Guardian Hygiene Services Are the Trusted Experts
Technically, you do not need a special qualification to carry out a Legionella risk assessment Government guidelines stipulate a “competent person” can do it, as long as they know how to:
- Identify and assess sources of risk in their water systems, which requires knowledge of key points in the water systems and knowledge and skill to correctly take water samples and temperature checks
- Can show the steps they’ve taken or plan to take to manage identified risks
- Can show the steps they’ve taken or plan to take to prevent further risks
- Keep the correct records
For this reason, we highly recommend employing trained, experienced technicians to carry out a Legionella risk assessment in your Norwich property. We carry out our work completely in line with Government guidelines ACOP L8 and HSG274. This ensures everything is done correctly, you are legally compliant, and nothing is missed.
As members of the Legionella Control Association and with other memberships and accreditations from CHAS, Constructionline and SafeContractor, we are the trusted Legionella people.
Do Your Bit to Prevent Outbreaks of Legionnaires’ Disease in Norwich
Legionella bacteria can easily grow and spread in any hot and cold water system if the necessary precautions are not taken. Eliminate this risk completely and give yourself peace of mind by employing the experts at Guardian Hygiene Services.
Get in touch for more information from our specialist advisors or fill out a form to book your Legionella risk assessment in Norwich today.